Sailor Briefing, 18 July HRH Visit 9 Jul 2022
The below outlines the key points for sailors participating in the special racing on Monday 18 July. Formal SIs will be posted on RCYC website by Friday 15 July.
There will be a morning pursuit race with the start from the RCYC line for the slowest boat(s) at 10am and thereby a finish by RCYC RIB 100mins later for everyone at 11:40am.
The Acorn Trophy race will be a mass start at 1:20pm from the RCYC line. The target time for this race is 90mins with a finish on the RCYC line. (It is probable that the start time will be manipulated to fit the HRH schedule by the use of the AP flag).
Winner of the Acorn Trophy will be announced by VHF to get both boat and crew to the pontoon for presentation. Others may wish to swan around or pick up their mooring.
The clubhouse etc. will run as normal from breakfast through to close with a few restrictions for obvious reasons.
1. 2nd floor is closed (except for our five residents who have other restricted arrangements)
2. 1st floor is closed to uninvited members from 11:30am to 2pm
3. There will be some car parking restrictions
4. Launch and pontoon as normal with some restrictions 1pm to 3pm
5. No mooring to pontoon from 11am until 4pm (exception is winner of afternoon race).
The above is the schedule, but we’re governed not only by winds and tides, but also Royal schedule so please bear with us…this only happens every 150 years.