Royal Corinthian enters the Alternative Boat Race 20 Jan 2015
RCYC has entered the Alternative Boat Race with boat number 143, an appropriate number as the club has been in existence for 143 years. This event is a fund-raising initiative for the RNLI, reminiscent of the Burnham Week Duck Race but with miniature lifeboats instead of ducks!
The race will take place on Friday 10th April 2015 at 17:30, the day before the University Boat Race. 250 model lifeboats will be launched at Barnes Bridge with the finish at Chiswick Bridge.
We need to raise £250 as an entry fee but that is only 25 donations of £10 and we might be able to double that as every penny goes to the RNLI.
- Our entry is called Royal Corinthian YC and becomes ours to keep
- The winner of our sweepstake will receive a VIP ticket to attend the race with a champagne buffet dinner in the evening
- Further tickets for that event can be purchased if needed
- Should our boat win the race, our VIP will be privileged to name an operational RNLI D-Class Lifeboat
- That person will be able to attend the exclusive naming ceremony later this year
The poster with a sponsorship form is available on the bar. Don’t forget to sign the Gift Aid form if you can. Members can either sign a form or email me and we’ll collect the cash later.