Blaze Sailing 20th June- Postponed. 19 Jun 2020
The second round of the Fathom Trophy due to be raced by the Blaze fleet on 20th June has been postponed until a later date.
Race Officer, Phil Aspinall says “There have been concerns raised about the interpretation of the government regulations on organised sports. Accordingly and in line with the RYA watch words of considerate and conservative, it was felt that whilst the regulations are clarified (or indeed relaxed further in the near future) a postponement was appropriate. A shame as we have now opened the changing rooms (but not the showers) to support water borne activities ”
Indeed the opening of the changing rooms is part of the progression towards reopening the club house and the expansion of racing to keelboats and cruisers in early July, details of which will be posted as they become available. Individual member sailing with social distancing from the pontoon continues and Rice & Coles are running a launch service at weekends for members wishing to access their boats on RCYC moorings.